We’ve all been there… turning up to training/competition feeling fatigued, unmotivated and unprepared; trying to manage stress from life, training and work; or suddenly losing focus in the middle of the day. It’s a factor of modern-day life, but Rewire is here to help… Rewire’s Mindset Recovery System contains sessions for a wide variety of goals, including Pre-Workout Priming, Mindfulness, Recovery, Focus and Concentration, and Stress Reduction.
Our Mindset Recovery system involves tools from both Psychology and Neuroscience including protocols of Guided Breathing, Binaural Beats, Subliminal Priming, Visualization, and Self-Talk (there’s more on these below).
Picture this… you’ve had a terrible sleep and woken up feeling slightly fatigued, but have to perform that day… Rewire’s designed to know what protocols you need to get in a positive state to achieve your goals. After taking your Readiness Assessment you’ll be given the option to use a Personalized Mindset Recovery Session designed specifically for your Readiness state and the goal you want to achieve that day. (Note: You’ll need to calibrate your Readiness over 4 days before this is available)
Mindset recovery Protocols
- Guided Breathing: Rewire features a variety of different breathing protocols including Box Breathing, Pranayama, 4-7-8, Step Up and more.
- Binaural Beats: Binaural Beats are a form of brainwave entrainment. Binaural beats relax the user by altering (i.e.entraining) the brain’s neuronal rhythm and effect trophotropic changes in autonomic arousal to enhance relaxation and recovery. The system consists of the athlete listening to audio tones that are set at different output levels in each ear to create a sound that the brain converts to a low-level sound which positively impacts the user’s mindset. These are the different Binaural Beat waves used in the Rewire recovery system. Read this recent study for more information.
- 0.5 – 3.5 Hz – Delta wave for deep sleep
- 4.0 – 6.5 Hz – Theta for meditation / sleep
- 7.0 – 12.5 Hz – Alpha for relaxation / dreams
- 13.0 – 38.5 – Beta for Activity
- Visualization: Visualization has been used by athletes for decades to improve readiness for competition. The Rewire system presents visualization cues to get in the right headspace for training, competition, or relaxation.
- Self-Talk Mantras: Self-talk mantras have been shown in recent studies like this one to decrease the perception of effort and increase motivation during endurance-based sports. It consists of motivational phrases aka mantras that you repeat in your mind at regular intervals. We have researched mantras used by professional athletes and mindfulness experts and loaded them into the app. You may also create your own from within the Rewire settings section.
- Subliminal Priming: Humans are social animals and tend to take positive and negative cues from others. In recent studies, subliminal priming has been shown to influence the perception of effort and improve mood and motivation. The Rewire system consists of showing positive imagery in quick succession for a positive psychological effect.
Not sure where to start? Try Standard Recovery found under ‘Mindfulness and Recovery’ to see all the protocols we use. Across our user base, we have seen a huge subjective improvement in the user’s state from this session, achieved in just 2 minutes! Give it a try!
Join Our Community Today!